This one's my daughter parnika's favourite paratha. It's one of the easiest breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe one can think of. Serve it along with pickle, yoghurt (curd), dhal just about anything, it really is awesome.
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Beetroot - 2-3 (grated)
Fresh ginger - garlic paste - 1 tspn of each
Green chillies - 3-4 (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder - 1 tspn
Dhania powder- 1 tspn
Jeera powder - 1 tspn
Jeera- 1 tspn
Turmeric powder- 1 tspn
Garam masala powder- 1 tspn
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves - 1 tbl spn (finely chopped)
Oil - 2 tspns
1. Take Oil in a non - stick pan, add jeera , allow it to splutter.
2. Add ginger - garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder, fry well.
3. Now add the grates beet roots and fry well. Add jeera powder, dhania and red chilli powders. fry well.
4. Add just about ½ cup of water, add salt and cook well by covering with a lid for 8-10 mins.
5. When all the water is absorbed, add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Turn off the stove and allow it cool down.
7. Prepare the dough by mixing wheat flour, Oil (1 tbl spn)with the cooled beet root mixture, add little more salt because when you mix flour to the beet root mixture, it might just not be enough.
8. Roll the dough using a rolling pin (method: refer pudina paratha). Heat a flat non - stick pan on medium flame, fry the paratha on one side first.
9. Flip to the other side after 2 mins. Flip one or two times more on either sides. Serve hot by spreading ghee (clarified butter) on both the sides.
This is again an entry to SRIVALLI'S ROTI MELA!!!!!