Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Best Of Year 2008

Its that time of the year again when you sit back and think of the wonderful times of 2008. Its so important for all of us to take time out and thank god for everything bestowed on us. This year for me has been a fruitful one. There are many things that I want to talk about. For me this is a way to let you all know some of the important things that worked for me in 2008 and so much more that I am looking forward to in 2009.

First and foremost I chanced upon an idea to start a blog of my own. I never knew one bit that it will turn in to a passion. Initially I was adding both the recipes and my paintings and craft work on the same blog. But then I realised that its important to keep them on separate blogs because there were few people more inclined towards checking out the recipes and some were pure art and craft people. So I started the blog KAI KRIYE (which means hand work in Kannada, my mother tongue) for art and IYENGAR'S KITCHEN to add in traditional treasures and other recipes from my home.

I never realised for once that I would receive so much love, support and encouragement from everyone in the family to fellow bloggers. Through blogging I made some fantastic friends who are so far away yet I know what they all do on a day to day basis without actually seeing them. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR POSITIVE SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACKS WHICH KEEP ME ENCOURAGED IMMENSELY!

Coming to the Most popular recipes on my blog:









Puliogare


Most tried recipes on my blog:



Puliogare

Engayi


Traditional treasures on my blog:

Ulundha ogare





Events of the year hosted by me:

Although I did host only two events, I must say CHALLENGE Event will always remain close to my heart.

Some good friends I made through blogging:

1. Meeta of What's for Lunch Honey

2. Lakshmi of Taste of Mysore

3. Sree of Sree's Canvas

I have so many more friends and this list will be really long. By next year I am very sure this list would double:-)

Food and Art Blogs that I love to Visit:


2. Archana at Rang Decor


4. Indira's Mahanandi


6. Sree's Canvas

I do see many more blogs than these but when I think of wanting to see some blogs to cheer me up or sit down for a cuppa, I immediately open these. The year 2009 will also be the start to see so many more talented people whom I have still not discovered.

Oh by the way, did I tell you all what I really enjoyed in my first year of blogging?
Well, here there go:

1. My first post

2. The first comment I received for my post

3. More and more bloggers checking out my blog.

4. The most satisfying one has definitely got to be when people told me that they tried out my recipes and it turned out superb for them.

5. The day I saw a very small mention about my blog in Telegraph Paper.

6. Awards from fellow blogger friends.Hopefully this year will be bigger and better for me and my blogs!

Coming to the Best recipe I tried from a blog and worked wonders for me has to be Palak Paneer from Sailu's Kitchen. I know my recipe is still pending on that. But as you know December has been the most difficult month for me. I have been so busy that I have not posted anything new. Try this recipe it sure will be a hit at your home! I also love trying out recipes from Aayis recipes, Taste of mysore and Mahanandi.

Finally I do want to add that Blogging is really difficult but the most fulfilling one. It needs a lot of your time, energy and lot of dedication. If its your passion you will certainly like every bit of it. I have realised along the way that if you make only good food it isn't sufficient. A good presentation is an important part of it and for that, a good knowledge of food photography is all the more important.

My best photographed recipe has got to be Ulundha Ogare. What do you think?

Keeping in mind these things, My resolutions for New year 2009 would be:

1. To improve on my presentation as in photography skills. (I am seriously working on that)

2. More Traditional recipes and trying to add in readers recipe requests. So all you readers if you want a particular recipe do write to me at iyengarskitchen@gmail.com

3. Try to post more often, like say weekly once.

4. I also would love to bake and hopefully add an oven in my new kitchen soon. So if that happens may be I might try my hand at baking which I love and probably learn from blogger friends who bake on a regular basis.I think I will end here for today and Here' s WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2009 FROM IYENGAR'S KITCHEN!!!!!!
Srivalli's Cooking for all seasons is hosting "Best of Year 2008" Event. This post is going to that event. Thanks Valli for giving me the extra time.

7 comments:

Uma said...

Nice recap Veda! So many yummy traditional recipes to try.

Lakshmi said...

A very good recap Veda. How can I forget yummilicious Puliyogare from your blog? It is my all time favorite. Wishing to see many such yummy recipes on IK. Good Luck for 2009

Jagriti said...

Hi Veda, first time on this blog...it feels wonderful to see so much of decication and passion towards cooking and blogging..

I like to cook (though am strained for time..!) and love to eat..! So will surely try our some of your receipies...guess will start with mint layered parathe..seems interesting and easy ! :)

Veda said...

Thanks Uma, Lg, and jagrithi.....you gals are very kind and sweet!

Veda

Srivalli said...

Thats a lovely recap Veda...I have updated the post with your best ...

Wish you a great year!

Shreya said...

traditional recipes are always a hit..love your bests' and wishing you the best for a great 2009!

Shalini said...

Wonderful recap....looking forward to reading more!