Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

A CHALLENGE TO MY FELLOW BLOGGERS AND FRIENDS.

After making my Fridge Magnet Event a huge success, I throw this CHALLENGE to all my fellow blogger friends and my friends who are non-bloggers too. All of you can participate and help me make this event more successful than the first one.

So whats the challenge here u ask?

You are allowed to use some products only and a majority of them that you often use in your daily cooking is not allowed!!!!!:-)Like it already. Wait! there's more to it.

Here comes the interesting part:

Your recipes will be judged by none other than Meeta of Whats For Lunch Honey? . Meeta's knowledge and passion for Food and Ingredients makes her the ideal person to judge this challenge. Thank you so much Meeta!

Winners will be judged based on Selection of the Ingredients, Description and Presentation of the dish.

There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Two best entries will be selected. Winners will get a small prize. I will get in touch with the winners for their mailing address.

So here's what you can NOT use:
Gluten - Avoid all wheat, rye and barley, and all products containing them.
No to Oats!
No milk (basically no dairy), no nuts, coffee, tea, rava (semolina), yeast, No refined sugar.
Legumes- Avoid all beans, peas, Lentils and pulses, especially soya, and all products containing them.

What you are allowed to use:
All veggies for ex: (greens in plenty), broccoli, etc.
All Fruits
Raagi (Finger millet flour)
Rice based products, corn, quinoa and a whole range of other grains/flours that are gluten-free.
Sorghum (Jowar)
Pearl millet (Bajra)
Jaggery, honey, maple syrup, Fruit sugar(fructose).

Very Limited quantity: (abt 2-3 tblspn)
Oil (obviously no deep frying), Coconut

You can come up with any recipe, whether its sweet, savory, main course, breakfasts, side dish. The list is endless.

Since mine is Veggie blog....' No to NON-VEG of any kind'
Simple Rules :
1) Post your recipe on your blogs. Please make it an exclusive post for this event and do not combine with tags, awards, etc.
2) Add a link back to this event announcement.
3) I have created a small logo for this event. You can add it in your blog too! To use the logo right click on the logo and go to properties and copy paste the url mentioned there.


4) Your entries should be mailed to iyengarskitchen@gmail.com
5) Format for sending your Entries:
a) Your name:
b) Where are you from:
c) Your post URL:
d) Subject: Challenge
e) Picture of the Dish:

6) So what if you don’t have a blog, you can still send me your recipe by emailing the picture and I will definitely include it as part of the contest! Non-bloggers also follow the same format mentioned above except point (c).

7) So what are you guys waiting for???? Go and create yummylicious recipes from the above given ingredients and mail them to iyengarskitchen@gmail.com
All your entries should reach me before the 20th of November 2008.

I am looking forward to receive some amazing tasty recipes from you all! Good luck to all of you!

29 comments:

Lakshmi said...

This is a interesting event Veda....Waiting to see interesting recipes here..

Veda said...

Thanks Lg...I know it should be very interesting to see what the participants come up with.

Indian Khana said...

Gud idea dear...sound pretty interesting....let's see if am able to make something ;)

Anonymous said...

I should be making a list of what ingredients are allowed, your list of no no`s are long. I will have to come up with something new.

Divya Kudua said...

Oh oh..that is NO to everything...am thinking hard as to what could be made...!!

Veda said...

Priti..looking fwd to some rocking recipes from u

Cilantro:-)I know you have some fabulous ideas!

Divya....i know its very few options u have there...But thats the challenge...whats the fun if u get everything rgt dear?

Unknown said...

wow what an event veda will try some

A Kamalika Krishmy said...

My mind is already working .. I have doubt . U had mentioned Rice products - can you please elaborate on it .. Im in for sure ..

Sujyothi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sujyothi said...

Hey!!
Superb event dear!!Its very exciting:))) considering the 'do not use' items list is what everyone usually use!Very intriguing indeed!! looking forward to lots more from this event and definitely you!!!
Wishing loadsa and loadsa luck!!
Love
JO

Veda said...

Thanks rekha...looking fwd to some great entries from you all!

Dear Kamalika...what i mean by rice based products....is poha(flattened rice), puffed rice (mur mure), rice savi...and many more which are made from rice. You have a lot of options!

However I wish to tell you whatever igredients you select please check whether its in the ALLOWED list and NOT ALLOWED list:-)Good luck!

Dear Jo,
Thank u so much for those wonderful wishes!

Regards,
Veda

Unknown said...

good one..tough too..will try to come up with something

Anonymous said...

very in intersting event veda, just i'm think what to give with ur no items....

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I am so looking forward to this event. A fantastic and challenging one that will make us all think out of the box! An honor to be judging!

Divya said...

hello veda just now saw ur event ...want to send some recipe of mine also....nice combos to make new recipe...thanks

Unknown said...

Hey Veda - very interesting event - I raked my brain - could not come up with anything yet :( will keep trying.

Lakshmi said...

Are Peanuts and hurgadale allowed? I made a bowlful of khara mandakki so thought of sending it :) Let me know!

Veda said...

Soumya- thank u waiting for your entry

Viji- I m sure u will come up with something good!

Meeta- I am so happy that you agreed to judge this event. Thanks a lot!

Divya- Ya i know its really nice to think of cooking something with totally different ingredients! good luck ! send as many entries as you can!


Shillu- I know gurl u can come up with something for sure!:-)


LG- sorry dear hurgadle (Roasted gram) and peanuts are not allowed.


Regards,
Veda

lubnakarim06 said...

I just sent you my entries. Please check out.

lubnakarim06 said...

I just sent another mail to you. Check out dear.

Savi-Ruchi said...

wow!!, a very nice event.
Is urad dal (uddina bele) allowed?
I have few recipes in mind..
Also, how about curds??

Pavithra Kodical said...

HI..This is a interesting event.I too wanted to know if urad dal is allowed..

Unknown said...

Unique event.Can i use couscous in my entry.

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting Challenge.

U mentioned Rice products.. can i use just, as cooked to eat it(plain boiled & cooked) or does it have to be some kind of processed rice?

Veda said...

I have been getting a lot of queries and recipes regarding the challenge contest. Love this enthusiasm from you friends!

Starting with

Soma: Rice of any kind accepted !

Divya Vikram: Cous cous NOT allowed.


Pavithra and Sushma: NO urad dhal or dhals of any kind..also NO dairy SO NO CURD.


Any more doubts will be happy to clarify:-)good luck girls!

Regards,
Veda

Anonymous said...

Hi Veda,
This one looks great. I am ready for the challenge, count me in

Cham said...

Is brown sugar is accepted? Let me know, i posted the recipe and linking with ur event, if yes i will send the details.

Roochi said...

Hi Veda, Count me in... hv sent u my post details... cheers www.roochis.blogspot.com

vidhas said...

Hi Veda,

Very interesting event. Count me on. First time to your blog. Very nice blog.