Onion - 1 chopped finely
Curry leaves chopped-2tspn
1. Use a broad vessel to make the dough. Add the flour, vegetables, rest of the ingredients.
2. Take 2 cups of water but dont add it completely. Like how we use water for making chapathi dough, in the same way keep adding little water and mix the dough.
3. The dough should be of such consistency as in it should be easy to pat on the pan. Dont make it watery nor too hard.
4. Next take a non-stick pan, add 2 - 3 drops of oil , spread the oil with your hand throughout the pan.
5. Now take the dough about the size of a small orange and pat it on the pan, nice and uniform. If incase the dough sticks to your hand use little water or oil to pat it.
6. Once you are done , make a small hole in the middle of the rotti using your finger tip. This is done to pour oil in the middle, so it spreads to the middle portion of the rotti.
7. If you want to make small rottis like the one in the picture, then take a lemon sized dough to pat in the pan. These small ones are good to attract children and a good one to go with coffee too.
8. Once you are done, switch on the gas and place the pan. Drizzle oil on the sides and in the middle and close it with a lid to cook.
9. Cook one side of the rotti and then reverse to the other side and close the lid.
10. Once its done, serve with ghee and coconut chutney, or chutney pudi(powder) or with sambhar. Always have it hot!!!!
11. To make the next rotti simply immerse the hot tava in running tap water. It does surely make some frightening noise but nevertheless the fastest way to make another rotti because the pan has to be completely cooled down to use it again. If you have two non- stick pans, it becomes even more easier. You can make 2 rottis simultaneously. Nothing happens to the pan when you run it under tap water because i have been doing this for 5½ yrs now and I am still using the same non-stick pan! So go ahead and try it out!
You can make this rotti with onion, carrot, capsicum, cucumber, raddish and many more vegetables. I will surely include more varieties of akki rottis in the future. Meanwhile try this and enjoyyyyy!